Joshua's Portfolio

This blog is dedicated to the assignment in my Communication Technology Class. If you wish you can just click on the images to see larger versions.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Twist Your Arm – Toilet Paper Ad

Artifact Information
The name of this artifact is called When Nature Calls. This artifact is part of the Twist Your Arm assignment in the Media Literacy Unit. During the assignment I used the internet to collect some images that would be useful and relative to my theme of toilet paper and then I used Adobe Photoshop for the actual editing of the pictures. The related assignment required us to use the internet to collect images and use them to create an advertisement. I was also required to answer some questions about how the advertisement was made and what editing was done to the original images.

Reflection
The reason why I chose this artifact is because this is one of my first assignments and it got me into using Adobe Photoshop more often. The first and obvious step to this assignment was planning in which I brainstormed some ideas for a slogan and interesting ways to advertise toilet paper. After I had everything planned out I based my images on my slogan which was When Nature Calls. I collected nature images more specifically landscapes from the internet and then I altered them using Adobe Photoshop. During the production of this artifact I also had to answer some questions about the alterations I did to my images. In addition, I learned that there are many ways to advertise by using different techniques of persuasion because when I looked at everyone else’s assignments I realized that not everyone used the same technique to advertise. After the construction of my artifact I was really proud how funny my advertisement was and how all the editing created harmony in my ad. Although it was really well made I could have improved by adding more alterations to the images I used. One challenge that I faced during the construction of this artifact was getting images off the internet that fitted my descriptions of certain images.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home